Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, January 25, 2010

DO Try This At Home!

I am so excited! You wouldn't believe it, so I'll tell you..but first, I want to welcome my new friend Cory..just in time, 'cause we're talking about food!

Today, the housekeeper Mary Lou put together this special treat just for me:


A Gizzard Smoothie

1/2 -1 lb. of cooked chicken innards
                                                1 cup chicken broth
1 cup cooked rice

Add each ingredient separately to (a really loud) blender and chop. The more chicken broth you add, the "smoother" it becomes. There are still those yummy, healthy bits of chicken that I love!!

I didn't let on, but after being so indulged, I would have done absolutely anything I was asked--including the complete annihilation of all mice in some third world country.

Will walked by, said, "Yum!" and kept going.

Enjoy!

--Tom




 

1 comment:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Wow, I knew you were special...that just proves it!