Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Po-Purrreee

A little of this 'n that this week:

As a cat, I'm able to sell anything.



Step right up ladies and gentlemen and I'll show you the creme de la creme, the once-in-a-lifetime, one of a kind, best of the rest..vehicle of your dreams! And--don't forget to help yourself to a little fried chicken and a beverage!

****

A man was teaching his wife to drive. As they were going down a hill, the brakes failed and she screamed, "Help! What do I do?" "Brace yourself," he replied, "and try to hit something cheap."

****

In the "Shouldn't This Be Working?" department:

We've had a problem with rodents. There are holes everywhere and the housekeeper decided to do something about it. Since predators' scents are a hot item in garden shops, she reasoned that seasoned (hehe) cat litter around the holes just might work. We tried it. The varmints are still around.




And, finally, to quote an old buddy of mine from a previous life, Walter Cronkite: "..and that's the way it is."

Have a good weekend, furriends!

--Tom

17 comments:

Mariodacat said...

I'm drooling over dat little chppie sitting on the rock. Yummmm. How I'd love to give chase. Happy weekend friend.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That chipmunk is so cute, and I think some of his family lives in my backyard. Have a great weekend!!!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We don't have chipmunks here - we think they look cute.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Marg said...

I think we have chipmunks but we don't see them much. The cats seem to find them though. Liked your funnies. Hope you have a fantastic week end. Take care.

Oskar said...

Ooh, those chipmunks are little destructive buggers. I've been waiting to get my paws on one!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Tom, I guess those varmints figured that if you haven't eaten them yet, they are safe!

Katnip Lounge said...

You know, Mommy put our poops in the groundhog holes and they moved out! Tom, your poops must be too sweet, ha ha ha.

The Island Cats said...

We never thought about putting our poop in the garden to keep the varmints out!! We have our neighbor's woofie who likes to pee in our yard.

Mr Puddy said...

MOL.. I love the way you poop around their hole. But I'm pretty surprise they can still handle it. EEk !!!! Dirty Varmints !!!

The Daily Pip said...

Those little chipmunks are cute, but I suppose too many of them are a nuisance. Maybe you should try some doggie urine?

Your pal, Pip

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Do you think chipmunks taste like chick-hen? hee-hee Haf a great weekend. xoxo

KnottedFingers said...

Hi Tom!! We've just found your blog. I have a Maine Coon too! Her name is Darcy. Chipmunks are adorable but since we live in town we only have bunnies, birds, and recoons

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We have those cute little chipmunks, too. Our fun is to watch them from our screened in front porch!
Happy Saturday,
~ The Bunch

Fluffy and Heather said...

Chipmunks are destructive? I guess we've never had more than one at a time in our garden, so it's hard to know their destructive power!

Tamago said...

That chipmunks actually looks so cute. Too bad they cause problems. I hope "seasoned" cat litter will work :-)

meowmeowmans said...

Great post, Tom. Thanks for making us smile!

We think that chipmunk is kind of cute ... we have them in our backyard, too. :)

Hugs to you and Julie!

Fr. Tom Fish said...

I am a patient cleric. I go along with role playing, jokes, and other ideas men might have up their sleeves--women, too. The housekeeper is not blameless for drumming up a little extra popularity for her favorite feline.

I love my blog and my friends, including that rascal you see above. Great ideas on further recycling of litter, too. We might try that here. There are just so many of the little critters we're afraid they might gang up and carry us all off!

Tom
xoxo