Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

From...The Sound of Mewsic!

Friends and furriends,

Those who know me are painfully aware that I can never leave lyrics alone.

To the tune of "My Favorite Things," here is:



MY FAVORITE BEINGS
by Julie Mackenzie


Anastasia and Tinker
And Chopin and Bridgie
They are delinquents
Their sins make me itchy.


I tape the cabinets
All across in red
To keep my Chopin
From clawing instead

Stasia all fluffy
And slow as molasses



Bridgie the baby who
Catches long passes


All of these characters
Stuffed with herring
These are a few of my
Favorite beings


When Chopin bites


When the Tink sings


When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite beings
And then I don't feel so bad.



Merry Christmas, peace and blessings in the New Year from all of us ~ our angels, too.



24 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Oh ho! That was fantastic, and you have us smiling real big here. Merry Christmas, dear friends. We love you lots!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Oh!! We are clapping so loud, what a wonderful song!!! Merry Crispmouse, my sweet friends. I hope you're having a great one :)

Mr Puddy said...

I didn't expect to see someone dance...MOL
And I can't help myself to do this again.

To you and your wonderful fameowly
May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill, And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy.


MEOWRY CHRISTMAS 2014 !!!

THANKS FOR THE BEST FRIENDSHIP

LOTS OF LOVE
❤ ❤ ❤

PUDDY

Clooney said...

Hello dear friends! We love the lyrics of your song...and we'd love to hear Tink sing! Merry Christmas to you all! Psst, Clooney Claus is here with a special delivery, look out the window...

Happy Holidays,
xoxo
Clooney & Neytiri

Summer said...

I love your song! Merry Christmas to you, and I hope 2015 is filled with all good things for you!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That was wonderful!

• ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★ Christmas 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚And a Happy New Year
* Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

Fuzzy Tales said...

I'll have the melody running through my head all day. :-)

A very happy and blessed Christmas to you all.

Purrs and peace.

Cats Herd You said...

What a wonderful version of the song! Merry Christmas, one and all!

Tamago said...

Lovely images and lyrics!
Merry Christmas and we wish you all a wonderful holiday filled with joy, peace, and lots of treats!
Purrs and hugs xoxo Goro & Niko, Tamago

Brian's Home Blog said...

Merry Christmas from all of us at Brian's Home!

wildcatwoods said...

Wishing you a wondrous and peaceful holiday!

Cats of wildcat woods

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Wish you a Merry Merry CATmas !

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

How fun!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and thank you SO much for the amazing Secret Paws gifts :)

Cathy Keisha said...

Appaws! Appaws! Wishing you a Merry New York Christmas!

The Island Cats said...

MOL! We love your version of this song. We hope you're all having a very Meowy Christmas!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

That was the SWEETEST and I was singing right along with you! MEOWY CATMAS!! xoxo

Quill and Greyson said...

Merry Christmas to all of you from all of us!

Vanessa Morgan said...

Such beautiful cats. Happy holidays.

Donna said...

Yay for Crispmouse! :)

Saku said...

Merry Christmas (late though it is) and all the best in 2015!

Your song was fun, and I agree with the sentiments. My kitties past and present are definitely a few of my favorite things.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

lol.. that was a lot of fun..

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

I think I like YOUR version, best.

Purrs,
Nissy

Colehaus Cats said...

Love this tune, and will have it dancing in our heads all evening. Wishing you and your family a most wonderful 2015. Happy New Year!

Colehaus Cats said...

Thank you so much for your kind words last week over our loss of Maxx. They are very much appreciated and are working magic toward healing our hearts. Thank you!