Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Day Two of Lent-38 to Go

As you all know, I have given up stress for Lent. Hair-raising events have taken their toll on me and disrupt my prayer, blocking access to the Lord. Proper perspective, I heard, is a good thing.

So..unless Father Jack gets run over, Father Will runs away with the gypsy in the neighborhood, or the housekeeper decides to train spiders to dance, I want to be left in peace.




7 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

EEEK......dancing spiders?????? Just the THOUGH of that stresses us out!

The Florida Furkids

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

^..^ x5 hahahahahahaha.......
dat'z G00d 0ne Father T0m..... , all 0v a suuden de 0 iz n0t w0rking 0n de puter........ hummmmmmm u thinkz it de debil?????? ^..^

♥♥♥♥♥

The Island Cats said...

Dancing spiders? We wanna see that too.

Mr Puddy said...

Ha..Ha..Ha... Chaos happened!
I hope Finally, you find Peace....z...Z...ZZZZZ
Have a great weekend coming
=^x^=

meowmeowmans said...

Giving up stress for lent is brilliant. You are one smart kitty, Father Tom!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We hope we did not disturb you, Father Tom!

Deziz World said...

Hmmmmmm Hope you get some peace and quiet. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena